Northern Norway Regional Health Authority (Helse Nord RHF)
The state of reason for the Northern Norway Regional Health Authority to participate in TTL is summarized in the report Decentralization of specialist health service.
The report was approved by the board in August 2005:
- The concept of equality to healthcare services leads to the conclusion that Helse Nord must adjust so a larger part of the population gets access to such services closer to their home, when this is professionally justifiable and economically possible.
- The population emphasize closeness to, and confidence in health services.
- Demographic development (more elderly) and changes in illness panorama (more people with chronic diseases and increased need for complex services) increase the importance of closeness to the services witch are produced.
- The professional premises are present, among others as a consequence of services increasingly given policlinic or as day-treatment,
- The medical methods becomes more simple, among others as a consequence of standardized treatment records.
- Helse Nord has good infrastructural premises, both through a decentralized institutional structure, well developed health net and great potential for telemedicine services.
- Helse Nord has the highest expenses of patient travelling.
- Decentralizing suits the geography of Northern Norway.